Who should attend?
Ideally suited for all those who are required to undertake the testing of portable equipment.
This can be electrical engineers, technicians, electricians and any other persons involved in or wanting to become involved in the inspection and testing of electrical Equipment (PAT Testing). It is recommended that delegates have a reasonable knowledge of electrical systems and principles before attending the PAT course.
Why is this course important?
Requirements for the testing of portable equipment affect all of us wherever we work. This course provides participants with a thorough knowledge of those legal requirements and the ability to interpret test results effectively as detailed in the IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment. Practical experience is gained by carrying out tests on demonstration items.
PAT Testing Course Contents
The course involves a detailed study of the “IET Code of Practice for In-Service inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment”. This book is included in the cost of the course. The book is an essential training aid and can be consulted during the On Line City & Guilds examination. Example questions and practical demonstrations are also included in the course.
- Course induction programme
- Electrical theory
- Health & safety law- Electricity at Work Act 1989
- Health & safety at work Act 1974 (HASAW)
- Portable appliance – visual inspections
- Video – visual inspections
- The IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- The IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment continued
- Testing procedures
- Video Portable Appliance Testing
- Practical testing (candidates are encouraged to bring along their own PAT testing equipment for use during the practical exercise)
- City & Guilds on-line Examination 2377-02 Electrical
Successful completion of the practical tests and online exam leads to a City & Guilds 2377-02 Certificate of Competence for the Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.
Subject: Portable Appliance Testing Training Course
Author: Anis Ahmed