Development of company specific electrical courses
Waterside can develop courses to suit specific company operations. These can reinforce your operating policies, highlight the risks of deviating from them, and provide the practical technical training to ensure your employees carry out the procedures properly.
Bespoke training provides you with a number of advantages:
- It is an effective way of managing risk, as it ensures the training deals with your actual technical processes in a detailed manner.
- It focusses the training on the areas which will give you the most productive return for your operation
- It is a cost-effective way of retraining / upskilling your employees.
Recent examples of bespoke electrical training include:
- A tailored course on Megger and Flash testing for a company that overhauls train parts. This has helped increase the throughput of the process by raising the number of staff able to carry out these tests. Course material was developed showing the company’s procedures in a visual step-by-step format, along with a set of practical and knowledge tests based on the company’s equipment.
- An upskilling course for operators who need to be able to change motors in a wet industrial environment. The company could see that some failures were occurring due to connections and glands not being made properly. Waterside developed a course that targeted these details, including both knowledge material and multiple practical exercises, such that operators could correctly make the changes and avoid causing further downtime.
For more on bespoke training, see the following blog articles: