A course suited for all electricians and engineers involved in either maintenance or contracting roles that are required to undertake electrical duties pertaining to BS7671 - The IET 17th Edition Wiring Regulations. Duties include the design, installation, inspection, testing, certification and maintenance of electrical installations.
Why is this course important?
Attending this course will ensure you are undertaking electrical duties in line with the current legislation.
The course involves a detailed study of the IET publication: BS7671 The IET Wiring Regulations 17th Edition (BS 7671:2008+A3:2015) and associated On Site Guide. These are the Amendment 3 versions that came into force in 2015.
The course will include design calculations, to include sizing of conductors, earthing calculations, sizing of protective devices, sizing of conduit, trunking and much more.
The programme of study is a 3 day session with a City and Guilds multi-choice 17th Edition on line exam at the end of the last day. It is an open book examination, meaning that unmarked copies of the Wiring Regulations and On Site Guide may be taken into the examination. Other arrangements such as 3 consecutive days or other combinations of days can be tailored to suit companies with multiple delegates to accommodate shift working.
Successful candidates will achieve a City & Guilds certificate 2382-15 BS7671:2008 Requirements for Electrical Installations (IET Wiring Regulations, 17th Edition).
BS7671 - 17th Edition - course contents
- Influence of International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) & Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE)
- Outline of general characteristics: purposes, supplies & structures, nature of supply, external influences, compatibility & maintainability
- Accessories: conventional circuit arrangements max demand
- Introduction to sizing live conductors
- Sizing live conductors: sizing conduit and trunking
- Protection against shock: SELV and FELV, direct contact
- Protection against indirect contact, automatic disconnection of supply
- Sizing protective conductors
- Selection and calculation
- Overcurrent protection
- Isolation and switching
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Special installations or locations
- Inspection and testing
Our 17th Edition course is based at our St Helens training facility conveniently located between Liverpool and Manchester in the North West. Courses can also be carried out on site on request.
Subject: BS7671 17th Edition Regulations Training Course
Author: Anis Ahmed